Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Taco Wars - Here we go again

 The following is a letter written to Taco Bell. Last time I posted something about them it was that they were charging 60 cents extra to substitute their beef with beans. I wrote them and it got reversed. This time they are frying french fries in chicken contaminated fats and not providing a warning to people. That's disgusting and it needs to stop. This is not a new battle for me. I once took on a local diner when I found bacon in my fries and they eventually closed up. (not as a result of me I am sure but bad business practices will bite you in the ass every time.)

___________________________________________________________________________

To Taco Bell:

This is not the first time I have contacted you about concerns about how you treat your vegetarian customers and I find it disheartening that I have to do it again.

I have been eating at a mall based Taco Bell for some time now fairly regularly. About a year ago they took on a "KFC Express" and just recently told me that chicken is being prepared in both vats that are available for frying. This means of course that fried potato products are being cross contaminated with animal proteins. This is not acceptable.

Do you not realize how many vegetarians eat at taco bell for the bean burritos and tacos substituted with beans? Now a simple vegetable like potato fries is no longer available to us because of your inability to see the need for separate fryers.

And do you have signage up to tell people that your fries may be contaminated with chicken fats? No you don't and that is shameful and appalling. How many times do we vegetarians have to threaten to boycott your restaurants and start national campaigns against you till you start taking us into consideration before you make dumb moves like this?

I would like you to fix this or a national campaign is exactly what I'll start and the first place I will turn to will be PETA. They already don't like what KFC's practices are but to find out that Taco Bell is contaminating their vegetables and not telling people will likely start some fresh protests and action.

Come on Taco Bell. Your food is good. Your customer service is Ok, but your foresight on decision making is lacking. You need to change your approach to food and start including EVERYBODY.

Please fix this so I can enjoy my fries supreme again. It's tough enough as it is to find quick palatable options that fit my diet. Fries may not be the most healthy thing as it is but even vegetarians are allowed a guilty pleasure now and then, no?


Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment